A little extra help
“I was losing my balance,” admits Irene. “And I was falling, yes. And, well, I was afraid to go out by myself.” She lived very independently in a condo, but when she fell and broke her collar bone, her children decided something had to change. Irene would not have made that decision herself, but she was wise enough to recognize that her children might be right this time.
They did all the research and then brought Irene to Saratoga Grove for a visit. “I could tell right away this was a nice place,” she remembers. “There were a bunch of nice people in the entry area by the door.”
Was it an adjustment? Yes. (“I had more room at home,” says Irene.) Are there regrets? No. (“I go to all the activities,” she boasts.) Read more of her story to find out what advice she offers.
Saratoga Grove: Assisted Living in Downers Grove
For those who need help with activities of daily life, Saratoga Grove offers Assisted Living in Downers Grove, Illinois. Staff are available around the clock to help stiff fingers with buttons and shoelaces, and to remind residents to take their meds, exercise, and go to meals. Saratoga Grove is a faith-based organization, so we have a chaplain on staff to help meet the spiritual needs of residents and their families.
Assisted Living provides a next level of help as your care needs change. The social atmosphere is vibrant, and more service allows for more peace of mind.
Residents of Saratoga Grove get Assisted Living services for a predictable monthly price. (There’s no entrance fee, or buy-in, or long-term commitment.) In addition to weekly linen change and housekeeping services, your customized care plan might include any of the following:
- Three meals a day, plus snacks
- Recreation opportunities
- Meal reminders
- Medication set-up through a preferred provider
- Medication supervision
- 24-hour assistance/emergency response
- Bath/shower assistance
- Personal grooming and dressing assistance
- Escort service to meals
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence
- Orientation and cueing as needed
- Spiritual activities, such as Bible studies, onsite worship services, one-on-one spiritual care, and hymn sings
- Onsite medical services, including internist, audiologist, optometrist, and podiatrist
Find out more
If you think you might be ready for Assisted Living in Downers Grove, our Community Relations Directors can help you evaluate the type of services you need. There are three easy ways to learn more:
- Call (630) 971-1995 and talk to a real person who can answer your questions.
- Email SG@provlife.com. Our staff will answer promptly.
- Visit our Facebook page. If you’re not ready to talk to someone yet, this is a good way to simply observe and get a sense of daily life at Saratoga Grove. We post photos of residents, activities, entertainers, and other projects. Family members tell us they love being able to see what their loved ones are up to!