Skilled. Nursing. Care.
A skilled nursing facility (or nursing home) offers the highest level of care (other than a hospital) for seniors who are unable to care for themselves. Usually skilled nursing or long-term care is recommended for people who need ongoing “custodial care,” such as help getting in and out of bed, bathing, dressing, and feeding. Skilled nursing facilities are licensed by the state and inspected at least annually by surveyors from the Department of Public Health.
The difference between skilled nursing and assisted living is that a skilled nursing facility can also offer a high level of medical care from licensed physicians and registered nurses. For example:
- Wound care
- Incontinence care
- Intravenous feedings or medications
- Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy
A new kind of Skilled Nursing
Providence is carrying forward the “Small House” skilled nursing movement! In two locations we’ve built Small House nursing homes — find out more: What is a “Small House”?
Short-term or long-term
Sometimes the need is short-term. After a fall or during recovery from surgery, a few weeks of nursing care or rehabilitation may be enough to restore health and independence.
In other cases, the need is long-term. As Parkinson’s sets in, or a stroke leaves life-changing limitations, families are relieved to know that caring, skilled professionals are available 24 hours a day.
The Providence difference
Providence has been offering quality care since 1960. We first responded to requests from churches in Illinois who could not provide adequate care for their aging family members. Over the past half-century, we’ve watched the healthcare industry grow and change. Navigating those changes has made us a leader in the industry.
At any of our skilled care campuses, Providence delivers quality care that is both compassionate and professional. If you and your family are ready for the next level of care, contact the Providence location nearest you:
- Illinois – Downers Grove (Providence Healthcare & Rehabilitation)
- Illinois – Elmhurst (Park Place Health & Wellness Center)
- Illinois – Homer Glen (Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center)
- Illinois – Palos Heights (Providence Healthcare & Rehabilitation)
- Indiana – St. John (Park Place of St. John) Skilled Nursing opens after Labor Day 2016 — start the application process now!
- Michigan – Zeeland (Providence Healthcare & Rehabilitation)