TINLEY PARK–On June 6-7, all of Providence’s Directors Of Nursing (DONs) and Clinical Nurse Managers participated in the INTERACT Certified Champions 4.0 Training, held at the Providence Life Services corporate office.
Our leaders came to Providence’s Corporate Office, where Betty Brunner from Pathway Health presented the program and certified our team, who selflessly serve our communities.
During the program, our clinical leaders, who will serve as champions and co-champions in their communities, were trained to implement and sustain the INTERACT Quality Improvement Program (QIP). They were provided with an in-depth description of the QIP strategies, care processes, tools, and other resources to improve care of changes in condition and prevent hospital transfers when safe and feasible. Any licensed health care professional is eligible to become a INTERACT Certified Champion, ideally those that have these qualities, according to the program’s studies:
- Well respected
- Experienced in Long Term Care
- Experienced Clinicians
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills
- Informal Leaders
During the program, our clinical leaders, who will serve as champions and co-champions in their communities, were trained to implement and sustain the INTERACT Quality Improvement Program (QIP) to become INTERACT Certified Champions.
All of these descriptors fit our DONs and Clinical Nurse Managers who participated in the certification. Their learning objectives were:
- Describe the current landscape of health care reform and funding that make the INTERACT™ an essential QI initiative for post-acute and long-term care organizations
- Articulate the key strategies that form the foundation of the INTERACT™ QIP
- Understand how to optimally utilize INTERACT™ QIP tools and resources
- Define key strategies for successful INTERACT™ QIP implementation, including how INTERACT™can help meet QAPI requirements
- Define key strategies for successfully sustaining the INTERACT™ QIP implementation processes
- Measure and track organization specific INTERACT™ QIP implementation processes
- Measure and track organization specific INTERACT™ QIP hospitalization and other related outcomes
- Report and interpret feedback on INTERACT™ QIP implementation and outcomes to the facility team and leadership
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively educate facility staff on the INTERACT™ QIP
- Understand how to complete the INTERACT™ Certified Champion training certification process
At the end of this 2-day training, our professionals took their tests and became INTERACT Certified Champions. This means that the communities we serve will have an invaluable resource in their leaders to ensure the highest quality care, with confidence and preparation for the future.